I'm starting to think that these series titles were almost useless, but we're combining these two today for the hell of it.
=======================================================
December 12, 2008 -
Today's title, more or less, means "New Reality" in Latin.
It's tonight's choice because today.. something happened that if you had tried to convince the past me that it was indeed truth, I would've called you an idiot.
I'll explain, in a condensed format, what exactly it is that I'm talking about.
For those of you who have been in Vana'diel since before the Level Sync update, you'll know right away what I mean.
For those of you who have just recently started with it already in place, then God bless you, you're a lucky bunch.
Today, before doing my regular Moat Carp routine as seen in the previous post, I decided to give this new.. "Fields of Valor" business a try with my Thief. So I switched my gear and jobs out to Thief/Dancer and moved my way out to the Dunes (Keep in mind I'm level 30 at this time).
So I sign up for a training regiment twice and it proves to be a useful little bit for those of us who don't mind soloing here and there as we can, now that Dancer has been created to answer that call.
Whilst waiting for a new Vana'diel day to come about, I was invited to a party right there in the dunes. "How Fun!", I thought, thinking of how training regiments would go in groups. So we all get ourselves ready and meet up at the outpost.
But something happened.. we didn't turn to the Field Manual at all.. instead we Level Synced to the Black Mage in the party who, at the time, was level 14.
After that, we ended up spending a little time partying it up right there at the Oasis until I went up about a level and two-thirds.
Just think about it...
I know I've level synced before at least once since the update made its debut.. but I was a little moved by the fact that I had leveled up my Level 30 Thief to near 32 in the Valkurm Dunes.
Really.. That's a sentence that was pure joyful imagination back in the days where I would've been sitting around Jeuno praying for there to be a handful of other people who were near the same level as me who also were jobs that would construct a party that wouldn't get taken out so very quickly.
It hadn't been until just today that the reality of a newer, better, and more enjoyable version of my home had set in.
I didn't know what to do.. I teared up for goodness sakes. It's just a game, but at the same time, it meant so much to be reminded of all of the things I've had the honor of seeing, experiencing, and living in my time here.
I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I feel like the future ahead of me is no longer as bleak as it once had seemed in the past. I feel like I finally have been given these updates so that I can finally have a chance at really playing the game instead of doing nothing but waiting all of the time for an opportunity that never makes it.
I finally feel like I belong at home again after such a long time of being away.
That's all I had to say really, so I'm sorry that it seemed a little weird and unnecessarily emotional, just came at me in one big rush!
Also, in regards to Moat Carping, I'm at four-hundred something, so I'm actually making some astonishing progress that I hadn't expected. Meaning that when I turned in today's haul, I was thinking I was in the three-hundreds still, but surprise surprise ^_^
Anyways, I'll see you all again soon with something more interesting... hopefully.
And...
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment