Tuesday, December 07, 2010

All it Takes is a Spark...

I'm afraid there's nothing too much exciting going on tonight... even though I'm excited regardless.

While I was double checking the numbers for the new parts tonight, I remembered why, at one point, that I wanted to be a computer engineer. Now, of course, I could be mistaking the title for what I understand it to be in my head (which is why I researched it to a fair length), but it's most definitely something I still find to be fascinating.

To get more to the point as to where this spark of memory came from, it more or less popped up as I wanted to be sure that SLI (Scalable Link Interface) would be "comfortably possible" (a.k.a., technically/practically possible) on my motherboard incase I ever decided that I wanted to shoot for an upgrade before my system becomes entirely obsolete (in which case I would simply save up whatever money I would possibly be making at the time to construct an entirely new machine instead).

As it turns out my motherboard, once again as I can understand it at this present time, would not be compatible with an attempt at utilizing SLI functionality with two identical NVIDIA graphics cards. Though it would support ATI's CrossFire, but for some reason I'm a devoted fan of Nvidia's technology... seriously I don't know why.

**(Salary data not linked)**

Of course, this is not to go without saying that the salary statistics from the entry level to the up-and-up positions in the field are just good all around.. and for good reason as I would imagine that we're talking some heavy mental capacity to be able to effectively hold a grasp on the knowledge (some or all of it) enough to be trusted with the theoretics and implemented practice of any number of projects that would most likely cost sizeable amounts of money just to support the task and the final result.. let alone your paycheck 0.o

Closing thought on this is that I better have some greater capacity for the sciences related with this field of study and work because I suck at drawing.

We'll find out together when I get back to school this coming Spring Semester.



**Side Note**

Tonight, I'm sure you noticed I utilized the linking feature a fair bit. I hope it helped you feel better connected to the entry as a whole as that was the goal of their use. For future reference, linking will be used only at the first reference of anything I feel is appropriate to link and all subsequent references of any already linked topic will remain, obviously, unlinked so as not to clutter the blog with possible loads of redundant links.

Example being that I only linked the first "NVIDIA" as opposed to linking every appearance of the name.

and yes... the salary paragraph ran like a damned runaway freight train >.>b

No comments: