Saturday, May 12, 2007

Just in Time..

Readers, I have some literally fantastic news, and by fantastic, I mean, I can't f***ing believe what I just saw today. Let me break it down for you before I say anything.

I had always loved Final Fantasy XI, I love playing it, I love feeling miserable because I can't make money well, I just love all of my experiences in that world of Vana'diel. But, let me tell you something, guys. I have always prayed for two things, customized air ships and a different time setting. Now, out of all the years I felt like quitting, I'm glad that I never did. Because today, and this is me spit ballin' here, I have seen the expansion pack that will finally allow me to have one of my prayers answered. The ever miraculously announced...






Now let me be the first to tell you, that even with all the "other" possible "theories" about what exactly is being whipped out in this bad girl, that I'm 100% sure that there has to be time travel in this game. You couldn't tell me otherwise, even if you developed the game. Now, let me tell you why I think that. The playonline official site (see link to the right) has officially announced this expansion pack and made a small, presently featureless, official site for said pack. The only thing on that site for said pack at the moment is a video which has done nothing more than get me overly excited. I no longer feel the need to level, make gil, anything in that game right now. All I need to do is live my life, and play in small doses until the day of what I see as this game's true ascension arrives.

For those of you who are unfortunately unable to watch the video, for whatever reason that may be, allow me to describe it in a few sentences.

- Opening "Square Enix Logo" -
- Clips of cutscenes from the storylines of previous expansions, RoZ, CoP, ToAU.
(Rise of Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urghan)
- Then, the video continues to show the ruins, and other areas, featured throughout Vana'diel..
Sauromugue Champaign, Pashow Marshlands, Batallia Downs, etc.

as it pans through the areas said above, the ruins and layout are of what you know now, but then a sort wave of "glitch" flickers on the screen, and the area laid before you is different, large barracades in valleys between areas, Davoi reconstructed and uninhabited by orcs, large walls covering the Champaign and Batallia reconstructed. Also, the sky features a darker shade, wether it is because the video features night time or not, and what appears to be a large falling star or comet.

- Then, just as you want to see more (like me) the video comes to an obvious closing, leaving only a vague "Winter 2007" to completely entice your interests and imaginations for this new "double edged" addition that will more than definitley rekindle the flames of veterans like myself and capture the hearts of adventurers who are just joining the bettered world of Vana'diel.

Incase you got caught into reading all this, here is another link to the official site United States version. Please refer to the appropiate playonline based on your location via this second link to where you may choose, U.S., Europe, Japan.



Now, I know you all would like me to tell you I have a contact that works on the inside that is feeding me info on this matter, but unfortunately, I know what everyone else knows, and added my own opinion.

The good news is that every time there's an expansion pack, they usually crack out details in large doses, so if you want, feel free to check back here for any new information. Also, feel free to send me information at seritle@aol.com. Any information, not that I'm expecting any, will be most appreciated. So please, everyone have a good rest of the day or night knowing that we all have something to look forward to that hopefully won't be another high levels only content, and something that everyone can enjoy without having to have progressed through too much, if any, story line missions from previous expansions.

With best regards to my imaginary readers,

Seritle Zeales

3 comments:

Me said...

I'd thought I'd say that the black font on your navy/dark blue background is hard to read. =\ I had to highlight over it. And I have the same problem with my blog. Noone reads it and if they do...they don't tell you that they read it. Well, I did read yours by the way. :o)

Me said...

Oh, now its different. Am I going crazy?

Seritle said...

Nah you're not going crazy, lol. I had changed it right after having seen that I had published on black font. Also, thanks for commenting