Hello everyone,
This is in no way, shape, or form.. a story of any kind in relation to Final Fantasy XI.
Instead, this is a long winded update on the condition and location of the parts for the new computer I was planning to build.
So, if you recall, December 03, 2008.. a Wednesday, was the day that my shipments would arrive. Unfortunately, this is the same day I would get stuck into Christmas shopping for a tree and ornaments, only to have spent the entire day buying everything else that isn't related to said tree or ornaments. I was with my mother also, so she likes to look at everything twice, then decide what she wants to get. When I say everything, I mean it takes 3 or 4 hours to finish up in Walmart, and that was just the first stop that day.
So, aside from having been woken up extremely early to do useless shopping, fate would have it that the UPS driver would indeed show up and not leave the packages at the door like he usually would. I imagined this happening, and it didn't concern me as much until this next bit of news came my way.
After the rigors of yesterday's shopping, I woke up with a smile on my face knowing that I would be home all day today to receive my held packages. I gladly sign on to my PC and check my shipment history on UPS to find the following.. (and this is verbatim)
"THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS / ALL MERCHANDISE IS BEING RETURNED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE"
....
........
.............
At first I was in disbelief since I had never seen anything like this happen in all of the years that I've used UPS as a courier service. This more or less means that my shipment that came all the way from California after a week and a half is getting sent right back to where it came from because some jerk, whether it's the truck driver, or the jackass who cut the truck driver off, caused my package to get damaged.
As you can imagine, I'm furious. I call up customer service from where I ordered the now damaged parts only to find that they won't replace them with identical parts, but instead will refund me my money when the parcels finally arrive back in California. When they finally make it and I have that portion of the order's money back, I'll be able to order the exact same parts again, but this time I'll have a crappy little fifteen dollar discount. This was the next big thing that made me very annoyed today.
Now, as if all of that wasn't enough, I figured.. in the very least, that I would at least receive the undamaged portion of the order today, since it was still scheduled to be redelivered after being temporarily held overnight.
Guess again..
Those boxes ended up never being delivered today either because of "Emergency Conditions that are outside of UPS' control."
This is reasonably understandable as well, but this is strike two on things I've never seen on a UPS package tracking statement. The most we had all day today was a little bit of rain. I've seen these guys pull off more dangerous stuff than that, but I won't hold it against them because I'm just that kind of person. Even still, this more or less meant the following in a nutshell, and it can be quite.. graphic.
1. Package didn't make it here until after a week and a half.
2. When it did make it, I was out buying absolutely nothing of use.
3. The next day where I'm supposed to have my packages here to me through a second delivery attempt.. I don't because of number 4.
4. At some point in time, one half of my order was damaged because of either reckless driving, or someone else's reckless driving.
5. After having found out all of 1 - 4, customer service tells me to eat it and try again because their policy says so.
6. The other part of the order, undamaged, never makes it because of rain.
7. Prediction: I'm betting money that neither of them will arrive because I'm sure the OTHER part of the order will get damaged, and I'll have to pay the near 800 dollars again after refund, just because I had to go retarded shopping, and the real translation of UPS is "Oops". *think about it*
So there you go, that's exactly why today I felt like crap the entire time because the delivery system screwed me directly in the behind.
*please forgive my foul attitude, but look that over and tell me that wouldn't upset you at least a little bit*
I'll update you all if I ever get the f***'ing parts in in one piece.
And...
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment