15/8/1061 -
Today was, at the start, a most depressing day. One that had me to a point where it seemed as though I was even in pain. I didn't know what to do about it, but I felt that I was tired of being by myself all of the time, and I wanted to see if I could find a needle in a haystack in Vana'diel. I wanted to find someone who I consider to be more than a friend, someone who is like family. Of course, I wasn't expecting to find anyone of that sort, but I looked through all of the posts around Vana'diel to see if I could speak with any possible Linkshells' leaders.
Most of the linkshells I had spoken with throughout my search's elapsed time had been given no justice on the public postings I had seen in so many Auction House squares and circles. Which, by that, I mean that they were no longer the same, if even together at all. Fortunately, I had come across one Linkshell in particular that caught my eye.
As funny as the name sounds, the name is "TheFoxxyMulders". If that didn't catch my eye, the leader's name did, as he was a Paladin I had observed in a Grauberg conflict not too long ago. It was the same battle that I had discovered, what I refer to as, Burst II's power in.
I immediately contacted him, and even though I wasn't speaking very clearly at all, he seemed to take it well. He took it so well that he gave me a chance to fight along with him in battle once again. To keep a longer story shorter, I'm honored to say that he awarded me a pearl to his Linkshell. I was very happy to have been accepted by someone who had the spirit of a true friend. I met another Linkshell member not too long after equipping my pearl, and the three of us had a great time doing many things. We completed a Campaign Operation, resumed Active Duty on the battlefield, and got to know each other better.
I'm not sure how it came up, but at one point, it was known to them that I was currently knowledgeable on the Sleepga II spell. I informed them that only the battle with a monster named Agas remained as the final barrier between me and a spell that had eluded me for so long. We made our way to The Boyahda Tree to the place that I had been told to investigate between 19:00 and 4:00. As I drew near to the place, Agas' presence was immediately made known to me as he simply looked at me and made me fade to black.
I'm not sure how long I was out for, but when I came to from a casted Raise spell, my new comrades had continued the fight, and were close to defeating the beast from the assistance of nearby adventurers. I did my part to help Cure them both, but without the help of the passersby, they would have surely died. Not too long after, the beast laid dead, allowing me to investigate the place more intensively. I found a single Moondrop, and returned it to the woman who had tasked me with the quest. In the end, I received 3,000 gil and a scroll with the knowledge of Sleepga II.
I didn't know how to thank my new friends for the great service they had done me in assisting me with the task, and I don't think they'll ever understand how much it meant to me to see and experience all of it. I headed home soon after, but I can't wait to write about our next great adventure here.
And...
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment