Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Zeales War Journal - "Powerful Phenomena"

9/8/1061 -


Today was another day of active duty of stalwart defense at the Republic's numerous strongholds all around the southern half of the Quon continent.

The only thing that happened today that was completely unexpected is that at one point.. I felt a sudden rush of energy through my body that placed an image in my head. It's as if I had suddenly understood a new power that hadn't even seemed imaginable through all of my years in the study of Black Magic. I decided that I would try out the theory at a conflict that I was being moved out to in Grauberg, a valley nestled in the mountains a small bit north of the Republic capital.

Upon arrival, you could tell that the Beastmen Confederate's Quadav Division had already begun a relentless assault on the stronghold. Republic forces had been holding the line well, but the reinforcements that they had been expecting would have to be a handful of adventurers for now. As the battle had raged on, I had exhausted my Magic Points through my continued use of Thundaga III to speed up the process of elimination on singled out Quadav targets. At that time, I remembered what I had felt earlier, and requested a Super Ether +3 from the nearby Campaign Arbiter.

As I had swallowed the last drop of the Ether, I felt my Magic Points rise back up to the point where I had immediately known what spell would be best to test my new theory. Burst, a form of Ancient Magic, is an electrical element spell, and is the strongest spell that came to mind in my Ancient Magic knowledge. All I had to do was concentrate all of the energy from the spell through one channel and drive it directly into the enemy. This would ultimately result in less strain on my Magic Points and even put out more damage than the original Burst.

It was time.. I had my Thunder Staff out to support the spell's element, and I began concentrating. Just a few moments later, the pinnacle of the spell's focus had been reached, and I let it loose... in an amazing display of energy, the bolt of lightning struck through the Quadav like a hot knife through butter and directly into the earth, forcing the rocks on the ground to jump a small pinch into the air. The damage was great, but is in no way an article of one hit wonders.

After the Confederate forces retreated, I decided to sign out back at the capital to take a well deserved break back at the barracks.

If this proved to be so very well effective, then I must continue to try and come up with theories for the other Ancient Magics, if that's even possible..

No comments: