Alright, so this will be my first official continuation of a "coming back" entry in quite some time.
It's going to be a short one... (EDIT: I guess I sorta lied..)
Alright, so I've determined what parts I'm going to try and get to replace the failing and outdated ones in my system so I can do battle with the GMs (as described in my last entry... it's in there). More or less, I won't be gunning for anything major since I'm still a firm supporter of Windows XP (which means I'm not really turned on enough by 7 to want to have to do a clean install and replace anything and everything that I value on my current install). I'd say what parts I'm looking at, but I get the feeling that people always laugh at me when I try to get serious about my machine... almost as though they can't help but try to belittle me with their two f***ing cents.
Anyways, the performance of the new graphics card will run at atleast 210% the capacity and efficiency of my old one, so that will definitely allow me to experience XIV at a higher level of detail and beauty. I'm also going to have to replace the power supply unit for three reasons...
1.) The one from the original construction back in 2008 has since experienced cooling fan failure in the past few months (better half of a year).
2.) Due to #1, and this is assumption since I have no formal training or education on computer hardware and engineering, I believe that the recent crashes are because of possible overheating... or something.
**If you're interested the issue takes the form of video failure, and in the few seconds afterwards the system appears to crash as a whole as possibly evidenced by a very fast loop of the most recent sound(s) that were being output at the time of the crash..
Example - dah dah daaahhh daahhhh *crash* ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh - (as though it repeats the end of the last sound in the example.)
3.) The replacement card requires 450 Watts with a 38 Amp rating on the 12V rail and the old one from the original ZEAL 2.0 doesn't meet that recommended/minimum Amp requirement.
*Topic Break*
(I might also add that my motherboard has the ability to support multiple cards for SLI utilization so I can achieve a cheaper upgrade in the future by using two cheaper moderately strong cards as opposed to stressing over how to get enough money to blow on one (or even two O.o) of the latest steroid-packed cards which would be significantly more expensive according to my price research.)
In any case, whether or not my diagnosis of the issue is correct, those two parts will be the first to be replaced. If all goes well, which I don't like to assume despite my success with ZEAL 2.0's construction, then she'll be significantly more capable of the things I'm looking to do.
Also.. if I do happen to find a source of income, you'll be hearing about my ongoing (rather.. backburner) mission to make a machine that will be able to stay afloat until the next great breakthroughs in graphics and hardware put the would-be parts to obsolete status (which is what is more or less is about to or has already happened to ZEAL 2.0)
As a closing statement(s), if any of you who are reading this are looking to get into any of the soon-to-be or already released MMO's then I'm interested in starting my latest wave of adventures with you.
Games I'm *planning* on starting new('ish) existences of Seritle are atleast the following two..
Final Fantasy XIV ----- leads to the new "Lodestone" players' site which hosts more info than the old site.
Star Wars: The Old Republic
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Other Events*
If any of you are interested in a fun and friendly battle in Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2 then feel free to take down the information below.
*This applies for things other than DB:RB2 obviously -.-*
PSN ID - Seritle_Zeales
Feel free to message me sometime.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take care for now!
And...
15 years ago

1 comment:
I want to know more about what parts you intend to put in your computer. And to mention that video card power requirements are about as reliable as the contrast ratio of an LCD TV. In reality, the requirements are usually somewhat lower. The trick is figuring out how much it actually needs and figuring out what the rest if your computer uses. My computer, for instance, had a shitty 250W power supply that ran cards requiring 300W or higher. I imagine it was partly due to having an Intel processor, which of course uses less power than AMD, not to mention I don't have much else that uses much power in ky computer. I still upgraded to an Earthwatts 370W power supply though, as well as an E6700 3.2GHz dual-core. And tomorrow i'll be putting in an HD5670 to replace the 8600GT that I put in there a few months ago (free old card my mom's coworker gave her). That with my 3GB of RAM and Win7 32-bit will make for some sweet FFXIV gaming. I hope to see you there soon... :)
Post a Comment