Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It's All About the Bracelets

*Article's Character Information*

Seritle - 63 BLM/ 31 WHM
Zartavion 42 RDM/ 21 NIN
-----------------------------------------------------------

Greetings, readers. (FFXI)

Today's bit is about a NM (Notorious Monster) named Enkelados

Some of you are probably going, "Oh yeah...".
Some of you are probably going, "Say what?".

Either which way, this story has no happy ending.

First off, some introductions are in order. Here is/are some/a name(s) and their description.

Zartavion - My best friend whom I try to play any and all games with. Also best friends in real life.


So, now that you know "everyone", let me continue.


It's about 10 P.M. Eastern Time. We're headed to Delkfutt's Tower, with our keys in hand, looking to have a go at a certain NM named Enkelados. Here's a picture of him.

Enkelados


Anyways, I had been reading about a pair of bracelets he drops and how they can help me get out of my being broke rut. Of course, Zartavion suffers from this rut as well. Heres a picture of the bracelets.

Enkelados Bracelets


So now we're using our keys on the door to an area with a "magical force flowing upwards to the tenth floor". We get there, kill a few random giants. two NM's, which of whose names are not important, and lightning elementals, and we wait.

and wait...

and wait...

and wait...

As you can tell, camping isnt all too.. exciting, especially when you're trying to compete with other people. There are two spawn rooms as well, far from each other in a sense. We have one room, one person has the other. Imagine the excitement, won't you?

It's been about 3 hours of waiting, which isnt all too much, but its now 2 A.M. Eastern Time (Dont try to figure the time, because I already tried. its weird)
and we're not exactly too dedicated at this point, not to mention we're tired.

So we decide to look for the treasure chest spawns due to us having both obtained keys during our wait. Also hunted elementals. All the sure fire gil makers. We spend 30 minutes on treasure chests, check for Enkelados, nothing. Another 30 minutes for Elementals, check again nothing. So it's now been atleast 4 hours and we decided to call it a night. But, we had to check just one last time, and when we enter that room, besides our own, there he is...

In all his glory...

But of course, it couldnt last too long. Immediately after acknowledging Enkelado's presence, a familiar message appears...

*Random guy uses Provoke on Enkelados*

I immediately become frustrated..

I mean, we camped that bastard for what felt like so long.
*remember, I'm passing out, so I'm pretty much on edge*

I know it should be expected, but I mean come on. This was, in a long line of failed attempts for decent gil, another slap to the face. I became so frustrated, that I warped my partner, Zartavion, without warning and logged off.

Ironically enough, I logged back on to find that my lightning crystals were bought for 1k over my price of 3k.

Frustration gone.

Although its not 100's of thousands of gil, 4k times 7 is 28k.

I'd rather leave Delkfutts with a sure 28k then I would with a headache strong enough to make my eyes pop out, wouldn't you?

*doesnt matter, I'm happy with it*


- pictures taken from ffxi.allakhazam.com. -

No comments: