Seritle Zeales - CL 90 Jedi (prefer Sith)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings, readers. (SWG)
Tonight, I bring to you a story of an evil creature named Sher Kar.
Many adventurers take this thing down for a few reasons that I know of.
1.) Old Republic Lightsaber Hilt (Two-Handed)
2.) A Warmly Glowing Skull (Used in Lava Crystal synthesis in a Chu Don Gar cube.)
3.) A Malevolent Bowcaster.
There are probably more, but those are the top ones I know of.
Anyways, my being a Jedi (prefer Sith) required that I attain this lightsaber hilt.
To continue with the story, allow me to provide some of you who don't know with a location and some pictures.
Location: Mustafar - click for main page
Target: Sher Kar - click for main bestiary page
Drop: Old Republic Lightsaber Hilt Schematic - click to enlarge
Now that you know everything about the location and some statistics of Sher Kar and my past goal, let's continue.
In my situation, I am a FFXI Veteran. So when I played SWG to CL 90 *Sith*, I couldn't believe how easy it was, no exp loss, easy to find help, reasonable prices on items, all the dreams of a FFXI player. Now, there is one catch. No game you play, and I mean no game has a loveable drop rate. Sure your friends say that they got what they were looking for on the first or third attempt. This blog is for the unlucky players, imagine where this is going.
Let me just say that it took 40 attempts at Sher Kar, some of you are thinking, "Well, just wait for him to pop!". For those of you who do know, its not that simple.
Allow me to explain...
Sher Kar is an instance on Mustafar. Towards the northern end of Talrus Isle, refer to the map I placed. SWG has lockouts on most instances. If you dont know again, a lockout is a timer that is activated to keep you from re-entering for a set amount of time. This particular instance has a lockout of course, and here are the times for the conditions.
Successful - *Meaning all enemies in the instance are defeated, including Sher Kar before the instance timer runs out.* - 36 Hours (apparently)
Unsuccessful - *Meaning either your time ran out inside the isntance or you and/or your group members were slain.* - 8 Hours (Confirmed)
Now, all 40 attempts were successful. Meaning I had to wait 36 hours before the next attempt all the way til attempt 40 where I finally got the schematic. Each and every time the schematic never dropped. Imagine the frustration of finding the help for this instance without having the syringe to go in myself. Long Story short, it felt just like Enkelados, except I was being taunted with the "claim" and never getting the drop. Not to mention, the help always wanted the skull, so to this day the best crystal I have is a Bane's Heart.
So to any of you looking to get this lightsaber hilt, don't feel bad at around attempt 10 or 20. It will drop. I gaurantee it.
Here's a small hint you may not find in other places on the web. But, if you have 900+ or 950+ resources you used for your Fourth Generation Lightsabers, keep them because the Old Republic Lightsabers are made of the exact same resources and classes. It's just like crafting a Fourth Generation, just an ORLS.
Also, here are the stats for the ORLS for the sake of no more pics in this post.
Skill Mods:
Strength: 75
*please note that this was based off of an already crafted lightsaber*
Damage: *results will vary with each Jedi's own creation.*
Base Type: Energy
Attack Speed: 1
Damage: 732 - 1402
Base DPS (Damage Per Second): 1067
Elemental Type: Electricity
Element Damage: 57
Other Stats:
Range: 0-5m
In closing, although it was most annoying having awful luck on the drop of this shecmatic, it was worth it and was, obviously, possible.
Until next time, readers.
- Thanks to swg.allakhazam.com for pictures
- Thanks to a certain Instigator Bonecrusher for picture submissions on swg.allakhazam.com

No comments:
Post a Comment