Friday, December 05, 2008

Ironic Technical Conveniences

Greetings, everyone

As you can tell by the title, a good development has taken place in regards to my computer parts shipment. Let's do a small recap..

I ordered parts to build a new computer to replace my old girl here that I'm typing this on.

I paid a hefty amount and chose to save some green by choosing 3 Day Select shipping.

The day of the delivery, which was a week from then *ordered on a Thursday* I missed the delivery.

The next day, I find out that one of the packages was damaged and was under Damage Claim Investigation. To add more, the company I ordered from does not replace parts damaged in shipping, but only refunds. I would have to wait for the parts to cross the nation and wait for a refund before reordering the same thing once again with a fifteen dollar discount from the company.

Also on this day, UPS was unable to deliver to my residence because the rain posed too much a danger to deliver safely and efficiently.

Last night, I made that picture from the last post and went to bed slightly depressed because of the irony of the past couple of days.



Now, today is when things completely turned around...

At around five o'clock, the UPS delivery truck showed up and, this is where the kicker is, LEFT the box right on the doorstep. Didn't knock or anything, just left it there.. I know because I watched him in disbelief. Why disbelief? Because what he left was pretty much the $720 dollar portion of the complete order, and didn't think twice about it. I would've loved it if he had left both packages on the doorstep like he did today, but it was probably a different driver, so no worries there.

I find out, after having gone through the box that none of the components were damaged at all, but instead I found out by process of elimination that the component that must have been claimed damaged, was the case itself. The cheapest part of the order was damaged, and that took a huge load off of my mind and my wallet.

So now I'm much happier to have the insides in a safe place until something is done about the case, but there is still one small thing that still bothers me about the entire ordeal. If this guy had known to just leave the most expensive part there on the door, then why didn't the other driver before him decide to just leave it there as well, I mean, I could understand if he had just come with a case and left it here today, but he didn't... he came with the parts themselves. I'll still keep this story in mind because it just doesn't make any sense to have taken it all back if this newer driver knew to just leave it there on the doorstep.

Either which way, I'm glad that I could write this in truth as opposed to having discovered the entire thing was screwed.


I'll update again when I get a replacement case, or just go out and buy a new one from somewhere around town, whichever comes first..




*Honestly, I don't even really need the case to get it working tonight, the only issue is that my father wants to use my case to replace the server, but I might be able to work around that..*

No comments: