Welcome to a brand new.. brand, of series that I'm labeling from here on out as "Zeales in Real Life." As I'm sure you can guess, this is for stories that relate primarily to real life events. So allow me to bring you the very first official installment of that series today.
=======================================================
December 06, 2008 -
I'm here to update everyone on the current progress of project ZEAL 2.0.
So, now that I've attained all necessary parts, and the blessings of using my old baby's case to serve as the housing for the upgrades, we're left to make a decision on Hard Drive upgrades.
I won't go into detail on the hard drive for reasons that are better left untold, but the decision I'm left with now is how do I want to go about "informing" the HDD about all of the nice things I had on my old HDD. Through some experimenting while working at my father's ATM Refurbishment Warehouse, I had familiarized myself with a software from Apricorn known as "EZ Gig II" or something of that nature. Basically, it's a program and device designed to help create back up images of your HDD or even clone exact copies of your current HDD to newer HDD's.
I had the choice of the above, or going through my Program Files folder and picking out which programs I liked the most and writing them down on a piece of paper and re-downloading again once the new system was fully functional. I had also forgotten about the fact that I would lose everything else that was independent, like photos and music. Some would say to use my DVD drive to burn copies, but unfortunately my DVD drive seems to restart the system entirely when it knows that I'm trying to use it to burn DVD's. It's wacky sounding, by true. As for CD's, no thanks, I'd rather go with option one in the previous paragraph.
So anyways, now that I know I want to use the software and such to simply clone my HDD, I needed to find the device and CD themselves to begin with. Unfortunately, my father is not one who keeps the best grip on his memory when concerning such things, although he is usually dead on when he does remember. So, we more or less spent the rest of the night last night attempting to find that little bastard and his CD cohort in an attempt to get this cloning process underway. Once again, unfortunately, we ended up finding it at practically the latest hour of the night, and decided to let it do it's thing overnight.
When I awoke this morning, I figured that the process would surely be done by now. But on the screen remained the logo of my original system's manufacturer. I simply thought this was how that was intended to work through faulty logic and reasoning, and left it for a few more hours today. I finally figured that if it didn't get the job done within something close to 12 hours, then something was not functioning correctly. So, with a brave heart, since I didn't want to crash the drive in some strange way, I rebooted the system to find that the damned thing only locked up at the logo and never made it to boot from the disk drive with the software.
It's funny, you can laugh. Hell, I laughed. I felt like an idiot. I literally just called my father a few minutes ago to tell him we're a bunch of shmucks. But aside from all of that, the cloning process has officially begun, and it should be done within the hour, if not in literally just an hour. If all goes well with the near future assembly, then I will update the blog accordingly with news of success, if not, then you're going to end up seeing a really negative update. Please hope for the former.. ^_^
In the meantime though, today is Championship Saturday for collegiate football, and my Uncle has recently turned me to it and I have indeed taken a decent interest in the whole thing, so I'm hoping it becomes a fun part of my life down the road after I get some viewing experience. Thanks again, Tio if you're reading this, I really appreciate it.
I'll be back soon, and seriously, don't wish me ill on this, I've been looking forward to this for a long long time.
*bastards*
*The Spoons reference, as far as I know, belongs to the Author of "Bannable Offenses" and"Role-Playing Life"
- I don't know the real name, but I can name them as [GM] Dave.
*If you're interested in my father's company, you're more than welcome to use the following means to contact him. Just mention that "David" relayed this message and he'll understand.
http://www.fssgcorp.com/
Cell - 865-622-1303
And...
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment