This is the first official entry into the "Zeales War Journal" series.. allow me to say that this is not intended as a complete roleplay story telling situation, but instead is a mix between such and reality. Just wanted to make sure you understood that.
=============================================================
7/7/1061 -
Today was my first day back on active duty with the Republican's Legion Fourth Division. This morning I had been called down to see Hieronymous who is in charge of Campaign Operations in Bastok. Over my time of being away, it appeared that he had plans to have me catch up on using up my Op Credits to be worthy of my meals once again. I was to start as soon as I had refamiliarized myself with my gear. To that extent, he suggested that I refresh my memory by assisting my bretheren to the north where a force of Quadav preemptively struck at the Rolanberry Fields stronghold.
Upon arrival, I saw that the only other available unit to heed the call of battle was a White Mage who secondarily specialized in Ninja techniques. I decided to assist him in his heated conflict with a Quadav. Unfortunately, after having begun to bring the foul beast to its knees, his comrades showed up, forcing us to retreat from the front lines. The Republic lost the battle today, and after having assessed the damages, I knew what assignments I would request once I had made it back to the capital.
"Something needs to be done about the fortifications at Rolanberry", I said. Without a word, Hieronymous handed me the form for an Operation: Steel Resolve. The assignment was to move out to a Republic stronghold and direct the fortification efforts there. The project's lead engineers were a little rough to work with at first, but after the first official assignment count, I returned to work with them again another three times to make sure that another assault on Rolanberry would be strong enough to survive enemy takeover.
"You've done more than enough to help out Rolanberry," said Hieronymous, "It's time you delivered a little punch to the surrounding area of Quadav territory." He explained that the one location that served as a vital defense line point for the Republic had been overtaken by the Quadav. My orders were to move out to the Quadav stronghold there and to sabotage the intergrity of the structure there. I made three trips with as many explosives as I could hold to make sure that future attacks on the area would result in eventual Republic rule. At the end of the day, I was cleared to go off duty and to check my gear with the local quartermaster's office.
As I made my way to check myself with the quartermaster's office, an urgent message came in from the War Council in Jeuno. Apparently, my extended leave from duty warranted the confiscation of my current medal.. demoting me a medal until I can prove that I'm of worth to my country once again. I'm not at all upset with the decision, but I will prove myself a valuable Bastoker indeed.
Seritle Zeales
And...
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment